Saturday, January 3, 2015

Coffee date with me

It took me a while to remember how to log into my blog - usernames and passwords are so dumb. But after all the trouble I guess I should blog something...

Today is Saturday, January 3rd. I woke up late, showered, dressed etc...took Mocha for a walk and went out for coffee by myself.  I often want to go out for coffee on weekends, just sit and sip and think, but I don't usually want to go alone. I think going out for coffee should be an event, a plan, an outing together with someone for fun and bonding.  It was that today for me - even alone. I needed time with ME, to be reminded of my value and worth. I listened to RLC sermon online about having "one thing" in mind as a goal for your relationship with Christ and the word Joy! kept coming into my mind. I haven't had much joy - I don't allow it, I push it down. Honestly, I think I don't deserve it. I am looking to change that. God, help me to change that.

The new year brings thoughts of resolution - of change, goals, dreams. I walked up the stairs to my apartment after work yesterday and thought "I don't want to diet" (LOL) that's always my resolution and I have had in my mind that I will be starting a diet on Monday 1/05/2015 - but I don't want to. I want to feel good about myself and that is not going to happen by dieting. I feel good about me right now because I took the time to do something I wanted to do, so simple just having a coffee by myself and not feeling guilty about it. I will find joy in that today and the reminder that came from it while I was there - JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment