Thursday, May 30, 2013

Some People Just Don't Have It - continued

After reading my first blog post a lovely person reminded me about how important encouragement from others is to our journey and progress and good-naturedly mentioned that maybe my hubby needs a little practice in the area of encouragement. I just wanted to clarify that my husband has been very encouraging along this road and I am so used to his encouragement and pep talks that his TRUTH made me do a double take. In thinking about this I was thankful that he spoke the truth to me. It does me no good for a loved one to coddle me with encouragement when they KNOW darn well that I am not pushing myself to be my best. It reminds me of the verse in Ephesians 4:15 ~ "Instead, speaking the truth in love, we grow to become in every respect the mature body of Him who is the head, that is, Christ."
The truth spoken in love that betters me is sweeter then encouragement that leaves me chasing my tail :) 
Tonight I met my husband again for a run after work with a different mindset - ready to push and give a little more, and it was good. "I have that push, I have that push..." 
I am so blessed to have encouraging partners & family in my life and if you reallllllly love me, tell me the truth...in love of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment